Annual Pilot Project Grants, British Institute for the Study of Iraq (BISI) — LIMITE : 01/02/2014
Pilot Project grants
The Institute’s pilot project grants scheme is designed to support a short research project – up to one year – that has the potential to grow into a longer-term, larger-scale project supported by a Research Council or other large funding body. Only one project annually will be funded under this scheme. The BISI will aid the successful applicant in drawing up a research proposal for the long-term project, and will normally expect to be included in that bid as a project partner or similar.
- Subject Matter
- Applications are welcomed to support research on Iraq, in all fields of the arts, humanities or social sciences, concerned with any time period from prehistory to the present day. However, projects related to the theme of Exile and Return are particularly welcome.
- Funding Available
- BISI can only fund direct costs such as equipment, travel expenses, and consultancy fees, up to a total of £8000. It cannot pay institutional overheads, salary costs, PhD studentships, or other normal living costs.
- Annual Deadline
- 1 February.
- Under this scheme, applicants must be employed by, or have an official connection with, a UK Higher Education Institution. Proof of the applicant’s affiliation may be requested.
- Application Procedure
- Please study the application form, guidance notes and terms and conditions carefully before applying. Completed applications must be sent to the Institute, both by email and post, in time for the deadline. Decisions will be announced in March.
- Two academic references are needed in support of each application. They must be emailed to the Institute by the deadline above.
- Terms and Conditions
- Successful applicants will need to provide a written report for publication in the BISI Newsletter and an account of expenses.