Formation professionnelle : “Political Islam: Global Manifestations and Challenges”, London Middle East Institute (LMEI) and SOAS, University of London, 10-14/02/2014 — LIMITE : 03/02/2014
World-renowned academics, experts and practitioners discuss Political Islam and its prominence within Muslim countries and the wider world, providing a sound grounding for global organisations operating or looking to operate in these regions.
The programme runs over 5 days, with each day focusing on a different theme. Each day can be booked individually.
- Day 1: Political Islam: definitions, spectrum and origins
- Day 2: ‘Resistance movements’ and Jihadist groups of Political Islam
- Day 3: Jihadists and their groups: regional cases
- Day 4: Political Islam and the Arab Spring: Leading cases
- Day 5: Political Islam – other perspectives
Who is this programme for?: This course is aimed at international corporate and public organisations, NGOs and journalists who work with these regions and require a sound understanding of Islamism. Course participants will have a basic knowledge of Islam and a general awareness of at least one global region in which Islamism is an active political force. Participants will be provided with pre-course reading and course materials.
Deadline for registration 3 Februry 2014. Information http://www.soas.ac.uk/political-islam/