Call for participants | Social Sciences Winter School “Cities, Urban Change and Heritage Management”, Karachi, 21-26 November 2022 — LIMITE : 20/09/2022
We are happy to announce the launch of our Call for participants 2022. Visit our section “How to apply?“, download the call, read it out, fill up the registration form and transfer all the necessary documents.
The first Social Sciences Winter School in Karachi, jointly organized by the Centre for South Asian Studies in Paris (CEIAS, CNRS-EHESS) and the Institute of Business Administration (IBA), will be held in Karachi in November 21-26, 2022. It will address issues at the interface between cities, urban change, and heritage, hence at the intersection of the multidisciplinary field of urban studies and heritage studies.
Each student will have to choose at the time of registration on a workshop among the three proposed below:
- Workshop 1 – Heritage, public space and collaborative mapping: conceptions, practices and appropriations
- Workshop 2 – Spatial architecture and material heritage: from assessment to digitization and valuation
- Workshop 3 –Interrogating the city from document to archive
Note that the deadline for submission of application is September 20th, 2022. Participants will be selected by the steering committee and the coordinators of each workshop, and informed about their participation by October, 1st.
Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (EHESS),Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), LabEx TEPSIS, IISMM, Ambassade de France au Pakistan, Endowment Trust for Preservation of the Heritage of Sindh, Géographie-Cités, Alliance Française de Karachi
Meanwhile, keep on visiting our websites and also follow us on social medias:
- Facebook page: @winterschoolkarachi
- CEIAS in Paris: Twitter – Facebook – Instagram – LinkedIn
- IBA in Karachi: Twitter – Facebook – Instagram – LinkedIn
More information: here