Assistant/Associate/Professor of History in the Middle East, Qatar University, Doha — LIMITE : 01/12/2013
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) houses nine departments, covering a wide range of specializations in the Arts and Sciences including English and Arabic Languages, History, Geography and Urban Planning, Sociology, Social Work, International Affairs, Mass Communication, Information Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Biomedical Sciences and Human Nutrition.
The Department of International Affairs at Qatar University, is one of the leading inter-disciplinary programs in the region, and offers a wide range of courses in politics, international relations, political economy and history.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Teaching undergraduate courses in the department of International Affairs.
2. Active participation in the department, college and university committees.
3. Commitment to research and scholarship.
1. A PhD in the History of the Middle East or a relevant field
2. Relevant teaching experience at the university level.
3. A record of academic and research achievements that warrant appointment at the requested rank.
3. Fluency in Arabic and English, and ability to teach in Arabic.
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate’s children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity.
– See more at: http://hire.simplicant.com/job/detail/15636-assistant-associate-professor-of-history-in-the-middle-east?company_id=3281&jid=15636-assistant-associate-professor-of-history-in-the-middle-east&referer=jobboard_widget#sthash.wGV6aqaj.dpuf