Call for papers : Workshop “Daʿwa and Qur’an translation in the first decades of the 20th century”, Freiburg, 15-16 March 2022 — LIMITE: 30/11/2021
Call for Papers
Daʿwa and Qur’an translation
in the first decades of the 20th century
Organised by GloQur – The Global Qur’an (funded by the ERC)
Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Department of Islamic Studies
Freiburg, March 15–16, 2022
We invite submissions of abstracts for a workshop that will deal with the globalisation of Muslim Qur’an translation in the first decades of the 20th century, until the 1960s, against the backdrop of migration and increasing daʿwa activities.
We welcome contributions on any topic that sheds light on this larger question, for example on
• Qur’an translation in South Asia in the 19th/20th centuries
• the globalisation of daʿwa at the beginning of the 20th century
• the role of Qur’an translations in Muslim daʿwa activities
• the emergence of Qur’an translations as a new genre of religious literature in different regions across the globe
• the publishing activities of the two Ahmadiyya movements, particularly in the field of Qur’an translation
• individual Muslim Qur’an translators and translations from the first decades of the 20th century in a historical perspective
• transregional networks, the movement of texts and translations of translations.
Please submit your abstracts (approx. 1000 words) by November 30, 2021 to Professor Dr. Johanna Pink (johanna.pink[at]orient.uni-freiburg.de) and Kamran Ahmad Khan (kamran.ahmad.khan[at]orient.uni-freiburg.de).
The abstracts should be submitted in English as a PDF file.
You will be notified of the acceptance of your paper by December 15, 2021. Your travel costs and accommodation during the conference will be fully funded
Plus d’informations: ici