[Booklet] ENIS/MIDA Summer School 2021 “Spoken images of/in Islam: Languages and Translations in Texts and Images” — Online, 5th-9th of July 2021
The Innovative Training Network “Mediating Islam in the Digital Age” (MIDA) and the European Network for Islamic Studies (ENIS) organise the MIDA/ENIS Summer School 2021.
Spoken images of/in Islam: Languages and Translations in Texts and Images
5th – 9th of July 2021 / Online mode
The keynote lectures are open to public ! See all the informations and links already available on the Booklet (p. 21). The workshops and Master Class are for participants who have applied only.
Illustration: © Photograph Abdul Gaffar, Muslims at prayer at Mecca, circa 1880, Ken and Jenny Jacobson Orientalist Photography Collection, Getty Research Institute
Zoom instructions for booklet Catania Summer School 2021
1. The Catania Summer School will take place online using Zoom. For those who have not used it before, it is a very intuitive and user-friendly platform for activities such as our school.
2. We recommend you download Zoom and make an account to ensure that it is fully functional. Please download it well before the start of the Summer School. Use Zoom on your laptop or desktop during the Summer School – tablets and phones do not work as well.
3. The keynotes will be public and you ﬁnd the links in this booklet (p. 21). The workshops are private. You will receive a separate link from the organizers. The links (and the associated passwords) will be used for the different parts of the Summer School. Make sure that you click the link that is identiﬁed in the schedule for that particular meeting.
4. Please make sure you enter the meeting about 10 minutes before the scheduled activity starts to make sure that you are able to enter without issues.
5. If you are not used to working with Zoom, have a look at this video to have a good understanding of the program before the Summer School: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOUwumKCW7M. If you are unsure about particular functions, have a look at these speciﬁc tutorials: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765-Zoom-video-tutorials. Be aware that Zoom might look slightly different when using iOS compared to Windows.