University Lecturer in the Study of Religion, with specialization in Religion in Contemporary Asia / University of Leiden — LIMITE : 01/12/2019
The Faculty of Humanities, Leiden Institute for Area Studies (LIAS), Centre for the Study of Religion (LUCSoR) is looking for an
University Lecturer in the Study of Religion, with specialization in Religion in Contemporary Asia
- Teaching at undergraduate and graduate levels, in lecture and seminar formats, and supervision of theses in BA Religious Studies, MA Religious Studies, BA International Studies, BA South and South-East Asian Studies, MA Asian Studies;
- Specific duties include the teaching of the Introduction to the Study of Religion and the Introduction to Hinduism, as well as seminars on ritual and on religion and media;
- Doing original research and regular dissemination of the results through appropriate channels;
- Representation of the field to external audiences and media;
- Active participation in the running of the centre.
- A PhD degree in the Study of Religion or a relevant field;
- Preferably with a specialization in reliogion in contemporary Asia (Hinduism and/or Buddhism);
- A publication record that is commensurate with career stage;
- Proven experience in teaching at university level, including formal teaching evaluations;
- An excellent command of English.
More Informations and to apply