ACOR Fellowship Opportunities for the 2019-2020 academic year on ancient and Middle Eastern studies with Jordan as a focus — LIMITE : February 2019
ACOR promotes study, teaching, and increased knowledge of ancient and Middle Eastern studies with Jordan as a focus.
Complete information about all the ACOR Fellowships is online at https://www.acorjordan.org/about-acor-fellowships/
ACOR is offering in this cycle:
• 2 – 3 residential fellowships for post-doctoral researchers for research or work leading to an academic publication
• 2 – 4 residential fellowships for pre-doctoral graduate students to fund dissertation research in Jordan
• 8 awards variously for travel, research, or accommodation for American and international students participating in ASOR affiliated archaeological projects in Jordan
• 7 awards for Jordanian undergraduate and graduate students pursuing studies in the sphere of cultural heritage and archaeology
• 1 award for a post-doctoral scholar to assist in preparing the final publication of the Temple of the Winged Lions in Petra.
• 2 awards for a Jordanian scholar or working professional to travel to the USA and present a paper at the the annual meeting of the American Schools of Oriental Research which will be held in Denver, Colorado in November, 2018 .
• 1 award for ACOR alumni of any nationality to present a paper in the USA at the annual Middle East Studies Association conference which will be held in San Antonio, Texas in November 15–18, 2018.
The deadline for the TWL Publication Fellowship is OCTOBER 22, 2018;
the deadline for the MESA award is FEBRUARY 15, 2019;
the deadline for all other ACOR fellowships is FEBRUARY 1, 2019. Awards will be announced by mid-April 2019.
More generally the grant application portal for the Council of American Overseas Research Centers is open at http://orcfellowships.fluidreview.com/
You can find information about the fellowships available CAORC and at each overseas research center by clicking the name of the organization.