Post-Doctoral Fellowship at the Center for Arts and Humanities / American University of Beirut — LIMITE : 15/01/2019
The American University of Beirut invites applications for its Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Arts and Humanities, which begins in September 2019. The duration of appointment will be 10 months. Appointees will be attached to a relevant department and will be expected to remain in residence for the duration of the academic year.
The position is open to recent recipients of the PhD degree whose research and teaching interests involve one or more of the following disciplines:
- Arabic (Mamluk or Ottoman Arabic Literature)
- English (translation studies, world literature, and global theater/film)
- Fine Arts and Art History (musicology, music performance, theater and art history)
- Philosophy (Ancient Philosophy, Islamic Philosophy, Feminist Philosophy)
- History and Archaeology (Natural sciences in Archaeology, Prehistory of the Levant, Islamic Archaeology, Egyptology)
Completed proposals should be submitted in one e-mail by close of business (5:00 p.m.) on January 15, 2019.