Editor-in-Chief Position – Middle East Law and Governance / The Brill journal – LIMITE : 01/07/2018
Middle East Law and Governance is seeking applicants for its Editor-in-Chief position.
The Brill journal Middle East Law and Governance (MELG; www.brill.com/melg) is a double-blind peer-reviewed journal committed to publishing scholarly analysis on issues of governance and social change in the Middle East and North Africa region.
Brill seeks applications from enthusiastic scholars who can oversee and maintain the editorial processes of the journal to ensure a steady flow of engaging and thought-provoking original research publications.
To qualify for the post of editor-in-chief, applicants must have a PhD degree in a relevant discipline, have a distinguished record of scholarly contributions, and have a strong network within a relevant field of study.
Candidates should possess:
- Extensive knowledge of the state-of-the art in the research fields MELG covers
- Experience relevant to editing an academic journal
- Excellent editing and writing skills
- Supervise the manuscript submission and review process
- Responsible for monitoring the content and guarding the quality of the published contributions
- Ensure timely publication of each issue of MELG in cooperation with the publisher’s production editor
- Liaise with a team of associate editors and advisory board members to facilitate the peer review process
- Work with Brill’s acquisitions editor to determine the journal’s short- and long-term strategy
- Continue to enhance the journal’s quality and competitive position
- Develop new editorial initiatives and contribute to MELG’s mission of promoting path-breaking research
Official term starts January 1, 2019, and continues for a 3-year term. Applications, curriculum vitae and a brief description of future vision for the journal should be sent to Nicolette van der Hoek (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 1 July, 2018.
Information taken from https://pomeps.org/2018/05/25/editor-in-chief-search-middle-east-law-and-governance/