Professor/Associate Professor in Modern Gulf History, Qatar University (Qatar) — LIMITE : 29/11/2015
Qatar University Profile
Qatar University is the national institution of higher education in Qatar. It provides high quality undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare competent graduates, destined to shape the future of Qatar. The university community has diverse and committed faculty that teaches and conduct research, which addresses relevant local and regional challenges, advances knowledge, and contributes actively to the needs and aspirations of society. Qatar University is an intellectual and scholarly community characterized by open discussion, the free exchange of ideas, respectful debate, and a commitment to rigorous inquiry. All members of the University – faculty, staff, and students- are expected to advance the scholarly and social values embodied by the university.
The College of Arts and Sciences(CAS) houses twelve departments, covering a wide range of undergraduate specializations in the Arts and Sciences including English Literature & Linguistics and Arabic Languages, History, Sociology, Social Work,International Affairs, Mass Communication, Psychology, Policy,Planning &Development, Statistics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences,Environmental Sciences, Public Health, Biomedical Sciences, Material Science,Sports Science, and Human Nutrition. The College also houses five Master Programs, which are in Environmental Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Gulf Studies, Material Science and Arabic Language. In Fall 2013, CAS launched a PhD in Biological and Environmental Sciences. Additionally, the College offers a Program of Arabic for Non- Native Speakers.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Teaching primarily Graduate courses including Modern Gulf history and its heritage.
2. Provide advice, support and supervise students research and thesis.
3. Provision of a general educational lectures and sessions for students
4. Active participation in the program and college activities and committees
5. Perform other academic duties in accordance with Qatar University academic bylaws.
6. Commitment to research and scholarship and collaborate with faculty on research within and across departments.
7. Offer significant input into the further development of Gulf Program.
8. Provide service to the profession, university, the community, and the State of Qatar.
9. Help seek and obtain extramural funding.
1. A doctorate in History with specialization inthe Gulf, with significant record of publications in this field (commensurate with rank) in a range of reputable journals and publications
2. Relevant and evidence of superior teaching experience
3. Fluency in Arabic and English
4. Ability to provide leadership and engage in program development.
5. IT proficiency for personal and classroom use
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching,research, and service philosophy.
4. Three referees’ contact information(physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential(transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where coursework was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
How To Apply: Apply Online on https://careers.qu.edu.qa