Professor/Lecturer/Facilitator, The National Defense College of the United Arab Emirates, Abou Dhabi (EAU) — LIMITE : URGENT
The National Defense College of the United Arab Emirates is seeking qualified candidates to serve as faculty for a regionally accredited MA degree program in Strategic Security Studies. The selected individual will be chosen by the College to be hired as a US employee (contractor) of Translang Ltd. and will live and work in Abu Dhabi.
Faculty of the College are responsible for writing curriculum, teaching courses, mentoring students and helping to define and support the design, development and certification of the National Defense College.
The successful candidate will act as a Professor/Lecturer/Facilitator and conduct the following activities:
- Teach strategy and security studies courses to high level Emirati military, government and civilian Masters Degree Candidates using formal lectures, demonstrations, seminars, symposium, and facilitated group discussions.
- Evaluate student progress, be available for student advising, provide systematic documented feedback on performance and contribution based on course learning objectives, identify learning difficulties, facilitate methods to encourage increased performance and recommend remedial action where necessary
- Develop course syllabi for periods of instruction.
- Develop and lead combined, joint, and interagency exercises.
- Consult with staff to implement educational programs and curriculum.
- Assist in the development of new educational delivery tools (publication, computer-based training, web, social media, media, etc.) in accordance with college philosophy.
- Support curriculum review, academic governance policies, accreditation and quality assurance.
Qualifications : REQUIRED EDUCATION :
Terminal degree in a relevant field from an accredited university or ABD with imminent defense. Individuals with a Masters degree and exceptional professional experience (flag officer or civilian equivalent) may be considered.
One (1) year full-time teaching experience and participation in curriculum assessment or development is preferred.
Associate Professor :
Five (5) years of relevant experience, three (3) years of teaching experience, and at least one (1) year of experience in curriculum development at an accredited university/college or senior service college or be retired military officers (06 or above) or civilian equivalent with teaching and curricular design experience at a senior service college. Must have full time teaching experience and have participated in curricular reviews and assessments.
Ten (10) years of relevant experience, six (6) years of teaching experience, and at least one (1) year of experience leading curriculum development at an accredited university/college or senior service college or be retired military officers (06 or above) or civilian equivalent with teaching and curricular design experience at a senior service college. Must have significant full time teaching experience and have participated in curricular reviews and assessments.
Desired skills :
Degree, specialization or relevant experience shall be in strategy and security studies and specifically at least two other of the following areas including but not limited to: Political Science, International Relations, Strategy, National Security Strategy/Studies, Defense Strategy/Studies, Strategic Security Studies, Global Strategic Environment, Strategic Leadership, National/Global Cyber Security Studies, International Law, History, Diplomacy, Information as an Instrument of Statecraft, Professional Military Education, Crisis Management, Methods of Research and Argumentation, International Economic Studies or Economics.
Previous teaching experience in the Middle East and/or demonstrated expertise in professional military education and utilizing the assumptions of andragogy in a multi-national, multi-cultural military and interagency setting Expert knowledge of the Middle East and other relevant regions.
Graduate level academic administrative experience. International experience could include but not limited to living abroad in a multi-cultural environment, particularly in the Gulf Region.
Arabic language proficiency is desired but all courses will be conducted in English.
A C.V. and cover letter is invited from qualified candidates.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Moving expenses are included and benefits package for professors who reside in the UAE will include: Housing Allowance, ,Health Insurance, Education Allowance Etc.
Please forward cover letter and CV to: