Permanent research professor, Department of International Studies, Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico (Mexique) — LIMITE : 26/06/2015
The Department of International Studies (DEI) at the Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City announces an opening for a full time, permanent research professor (profesor-investigador), for which all areas of research within the International Relations profile of our Department will be considered. Special consideration will be given to candidates specializing in at least one of the following areas: migration, global governance, international political economy, negotiation, cooperation and conflict resolution, foreign policy, the environment, and/or security studies.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate will have an active research agenda which incorporates the training of graduate and undergraduate students. It is expected that he/she will become, or already is, a member of the National System of Researchers (SNI), and will publish in peer reviewed journals and/or prestigious editorials. The successful candidate will teach courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Special consideration will be given to candidates who are able to contribute to a new Master in Migration Studies coordinated by the DEI. He/she will also tutor students preparing for the Examen General de Estudios de Licenciatura EGEL, Relaciones Internacionales – a national undergraduate standardized test for students of international relations. The successful candidate will collaborate with colleagues on curricular development and assessment, and will also perform departmental administrative duties when required.
Position Requirements :
• Doctorate in International Relations, Political Science or related areas.
• Strong theoretical and methodological abilities in both research and teaching.
• Fluency in both Spanish and English.
• Research experience and a record of publications in national and/or international peer reviewed journals and prestigious publishers are desirable.
• Excellence in teaching is desirable.
• Membership in the National System of Researchers (SNI) (or eligibility for membership).
Salary is commensurate with qualifications. Employee benefits are superior to those required by law.
Starting date :
Submission of Applications :
Applicants must send the following documents:
• One-page statement of purpose
• Curriculum Vitae (maximum 10 pages) and professional bio (maximum one-page)
• Research Agenda (three pages)
• Sample of recent publication (not exceeding 50 pages)
• Two previous teaching evaluations (if available).
• Two reference letters (submitted with the application)
Applications must be sent electronically to email@example.com or hand-delivered to Dr. Laura Zamudio González, Departamento de Estudios Internacionales, Universidad Iberoamericana Ciudad de México, Prol. Paseo de la Reforma 880, Col. Lomas de Santa Fe, C.P. 01219, México D.F. Tel. 52 55 5950-4131.
Application deadline :
June 26, 2015 at 18:00.
Further information :
Please contact Lic. Ivett Velázquez Velázquez at 52 55 5950-4000, ext. 7703, firstname.lastname@example.org (8.00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m).