Program Coordinator, The Fares Center for Eastern Mediterranean Studies, The Fletcher School, Medford (États-Unis) — LIMITE : Appel ouvert
Program Coordinator – The Fares Center for Eastern Mediterranean Studies, The Fletcher School – (15001253)
This position may require occasional evening and weekend work and occasional travel.
The Fletcher School is the United States’ first professional graduate school of international affairs. Since 1933 Fletcher’s multi-disciplinary education in international relations, law, and business, has prepared the world’s leaders to become innovative problem-solvers in government, private sector, and non-governmental organizations. The Fletcher School seeks to fulfill its mission in the most environmentally sensible way possible.
Founded in 2002, The Fares Center for Eastern Mediterranean Studies functions as a public policy institute, with a focus on political issues that concern the Levant and geographically proximate regions. The Center’s mission is to create an academic environment for the promotion of greater understanding of the rich heritage of the Eastern Mediterranean, and of the significant challenges that this region faces at the beginning of the twenty-first century. The Fares Center acts as a major focus for cross-regional and cross-cultural analysis, providing a forum for the articulation of a broad diversity of viewpoints in the belief that this will serve as an effective means of conflict resolution. The Center’s mission combines an academic program of lectures, seminars and conferences, with the dissemination of research to interested scholars, decision-makers, service organizations and the larger international community. The main countries concerned are Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria, and the neighboring countries of Cyprus, Egypt, Greece, Iran, Iraq, Israel, and Turkey, together with any other country or region of the world whose history and politics affects them. Opportunities for faculty and student research, as well as student internships, are important features of the Center’s program.
The Program Coordinator provides advanced support and coordination for a university Program or Project. Produces a variety of documents, reports and proposals, responds to inquiries and provides detailed information to constituents. Organizes and maintains files and databases; designs and updates applications or other forms for data entry. May assist in updating website and posting social media material. Participates in development of program or project marketing and communications materials, coordinates logistics for meetings and events including travel and arrangements for speakers, provides research assistance, and monitors budgets.
Plans and coordinates meetings or special events :
- Assist in planning events including identifying topics, activities, speakers, intended audience, etc.
- Conduct internet research and gather information and data
- Coordinates logistics for meetings, seminars, lectures and other special events
- Plan dates, design invitations, determine venue and coordinate production of materials, audio visual and other set up needs
- Make travel, payment and other arrangements for speakers and presenters
- Organize and draft reports on results
- Provides guidance and work direction to student and temporary workers and assists in training other support staff
- Coordinates marketing and advertising efforts for program/project
- Assists in writing, editing and designing applications, flyers and other promotional literature
- Assists in updating website and posting social media material
Coordinates department budget and/or grants :
- Assists with budget development
- Monitors budgets and executes financial transactions
- Tracks program/project spending; reviews budget with manager and makes recommendations for purchases or cost savings
- Initiate purchase of material and supplies for program/project
- Works with school or division budget officer and finance division
Produces and drafts reports and other complex documents and materials :
- Produces a variety of documents, reports, proposals or literature
Serves as primary department contact for customers :
- Serves in a highly visible/front desk capacity as resource for department including frequent interactions with internal and external customers; communicates on behalf of Department Chair or managers to explain or disseminate information
- Triages phone calls and prioritizes mail; briefs faculty or managers on issues needing immediate attention
- Explains and enforces department policies and procedures
- Researches and resolves customer problems and concerns
- Escalates emergencies, and other time sensitive issues
- Prepares, facilitates and manages highly confidential communications and information
- Responds to inquiries and provides information to students, faculty, staff and other constituents; researches and resolves problems or concerns
Provides advanced administrative support and oversees office operations :
- Oversees daily operation of office; track status on ongoing matters and follow up as required
- Evaluates workflow and reallocates resources and/or redesigns processes to meet office needs and customer service
- Hires and trains students and/or temporary workers
- Schedules appointments and maintains a complex calendar for the Director.
- Organizes and maintains program/project files and databases; designs and updates applications and other forms for data entry
Basic Requirements :
- High School diploma and 5+ years of related experience OR Bachelor’s degree and 0-3 years of related office experience.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including word processing, editing and graphics functions, spreadsheet and database knowledge.
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Bookkeeping or basic accounting knowledge.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Basic web design, publishing, and photo editing skills using common website content management systems.
- Knowledge (gained through either academic, professional, or personal experience) of the Eastern Mediterranean region and an understanding of its history, culture, and politics.
Preferred Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and 3+ years of related experience OR Master’s degree and 1-2 years related experience
Special Work Schedule Requirements :
- May require occasional evening and weekend work.
- May also require occasional travel.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.
Primary Location :
The Fletcher School
Employee Status :
Job Posting :
May 13, 2015, 3:22:55 PM