Vice President for Academic Affairs, American Islamic College, Chicago (États-Unis) — LIMITE : 30/06/2015
American Islamic College located in Chicago, has achieved Degree Granting Authority for its B.A. and M.A. in Islamic Studies, as well as, a new Master of Divinity in Islamic Studies (MDIS). As we expand and solidify our programs, we are augmenting our administration and faculty.
Position: Vice President for Academic Affairs
Deadline: June 30th 2015 or until the position is filled
A Ph.D. degree is required, preferably in a field that supports the AIC mission. A record of teaching experience in the United States, and a strong background in higher education is a necessity. Expertise in the development of academic curricula, accreditation processes, budgeting, strategic planning, and the use of technology, is required. The candidate must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrate academic leadership and have strong organizational and management skills. The candidate must have the abilities to formulate and exercise sound policies and be able to identify, consult, and resolve institutional needs and priorities related to academic affairs.
Job duties and responsibilities are provided below. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Report to the President.
- Work closely with the President in strategic planning and implementing the academic program.
- Oversee faculty and academic staff recruitment.
- Supervise matters relating to curriculum and instruction, scheduling, summer programs, etc.
- Responsible for adherence to the academic affairs budget.
- Provide the President with advisory recommendations on all academic appointments, promotional matters, tenure, etc. Initiate and direct divisional reviews.
- Establish yearly goals and objectives and lead the program directors, faculty, and staff in achieving each set of goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership in structuring and achieving processes in alignment with the outlined standards of the Higher Learning Commission and with the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
- Must ensure that faculty and staff receive proper instructions and guidelines for taking necessary steps related to accreditation.
- Supervise data collection and analysis necessary for accreditation and cognate federal and state-level regulatory reports.
- Plan and organize student admission policies for the AIC programs.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please send resume with cover letter, and three references that include contact information (name, telephone and email address) via mail, fax or e-mail to: