Assistant / Associate Professor in Philosophy, Qatar University, Doha (Qatar) — LIMITE : 31/05/2015
Qualified candidates should be able to teach philosophy courses with Arabic as the language of instruction, and should have an active research record.
Contact Edward Moad: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant / Associate Professor in Philosophy Location: Doha, Qatar Department: Humanities Department
Qatar University Profile: Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body. College Profile: The College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) houses twelve departments, covering a wide range of undergraduate specializations in the Arts and Sciences including English Literature & Linguistics and Arabic Languages, History, Sociology, Social Work, International Affairs, Mass Communication, Psychology, Policy, Planning & Development, Statistics, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Public Health, Biomedical Sciences, Material Science, Sports Science, and Human Nutrition. The College also houses five Master Programs, which are in Environmental Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Gulf Studies, Material Science and Arabic Language. In Fall 2013, CAS launched a PhD in Biological and Environmental Sciences. Additionally, the College offers a Program of Arabic for NonNative Speakers. Also, there are three newly established research centers – the Center for Social Science and Humanities, the Center for Sustainable Development, and the Gulf Studies Center. The College is also starting a new Phd in Gulf Studies, a Mater in Applied Statistics, and a Master in Public Health in Fall 2015. It is worth mentioning that as members of QU, CAS faculty members have excellent opportunities to secure intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas. Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is major source of research funding, with individual project funding limit exceeding 1 million/project (5 million exceptional projects) along with student research funding programs. As the national and largest University in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most of QNRF awards, with many research- active faculty members able to win multiple grants.
1. The successful candidate should be able to teach, review and develop different courses across the areas of philosophy.
2. The candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven record in research excellence and scholarship related to the field philosophy. 3. Specialization in Ethics/Social and Political Philosophy, philosophical awareness of the salient ethical, social, and cultural issues in the Arab-Muslim world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Developing and teaching effectively across the core area of Philosophy using modern tools such as multimedia and e-learning environment.
2. Carry out research in line with the research agenda of the department and college, as well as fostering a collaborative research agenda with other departments within Qatar University and beyond.
3. Perform other academic duties in accordance with Qatar University academic bylaws.
1-The ability to provide innovative and dynamic teaching in a small, as well asin a large class learning environment
2- the applicant should be proficient in both Arabic and English.
3- Experience with using computer in teaching is advantageous.
4- Ability to teach undergraduate courses across the areas of philosophy.
1-Applicants should possess a PhD degree in philosophy.
2-Applicants should have the minimum of three years teaching experience in the relevant area of specialization.
3- Applicants should have a proven track record of research and publications in relevant research fields.
Required Documents Academic:
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
4. Three refereesâ€™ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
5. Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
1. A three-year renewable contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Tax-free salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Educational allowance for candidate’s children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. End-of-contract indemnity
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when applying for or inquiring about this job announcement. Contact Head of Dept. Department of Humanities Qatar University Qatar University Doha, Qatar 2713
Downloaded On: May. 13, 2015 10:45am Qatar
Contact E-mail email@example.com