Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2015, Orient-Institut Beirut, Beyrouth (Liban) — LIMITE : 31/05/2015
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2015
The Orient-Institut Beirut which is part of the Max Weber Foundation conducts and supports research on the region (MENA) in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
With our postdoctoral fellowships we seek to enhance co-operation with academic institutions in the region.
The fellowship will be granted for up to 12 months, beginning with July 2015 (possibly earlier). The stipend amounts to € 1800 per month.
- Excellent research project.
- PhD in a region related discipline.
- Excellent command of Arabic and English.
- Basic command of German is expected.
- Research design must convincingly project results within the prospected period.
Postdoctoral fellows are expected to:
- participate actively at academic activities of the Institute;
- enhance the Institute’s cooperation with academic institutions in the region;
- cooperate with ongoing research activities of the Institute.
Deadline for submitting applications: before May 31, 2015 by e-mail to:
Orient-Institut Beirut, Prof. Dr. Stefan Leder
All applications must include:
- Cover letter
- Outline of research proposal
- Letter of recommendation written by an academic supervisor
- Copy of the doctoral degree document