Visiting Fellowships (Indonesia Studies), Institute of South Asian Studies (Singapour) — LIMITE : 15/05/2015
par agirault · Publié · Mis à jour
Preference will be given to candidates who have done or can work on projects associated with one or more of the following themes:
i) Transnational trajectories of Islam and their influences on Indonesia.
ii) The social, political and economic roles of the middle class.
iii) Urbanization and socio-political change in Indonesia.
iv) The political and economic roles of the Chinese in contemporary Indonesia.
v) Changing social demography and its implications in Indonesia.
• Applicants must have received their Ph.D. degree no earlier than 1 August 2010, in any area of the humanities or social sciences (especially economics, political science/government, sociology and anthropology). The successful applicant is expected to start no later than 2 January 2016 and must have completed all requirements for the Ph.D. degree at the point of employment.
• Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required, along with good communications, networking and interpersonal skills.
Depending on the expertise of the candidate, he or she will be conducting one or two projects related to the themes listed above. Visiting Fellows are also expected to contribute to ISEAS in the following ways:
i) Monitor economic, political and/or social cultural trends in Indonesia.
ii) Write for a range of ISEAS publishing outlets such as ISEAS e-publications, Working Papers, academic journals and books.
iii) Contribute to ISEAS collective research efforts.
• An all-inclusive and fixed monthly stipend commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• A monthly housing subsidy (applicable to non-Singaporeans only).
• Term of each fellowship is one year, with possible extension for another year.
For more information about applications, click here