Ottoman and Turkish Summer Program, Koç University, Istanbul (Turquie) — LIMITE : non précisée
The brand new intensive summer program is held at the Research Center for Anatolian Civilizations (RCAC) in Beyoǧlu, Istanbul. The program is open to graduate students interested in continuing their study of Ottoman, and will also provide additional courses in both Persian and Turkish languages. Participants should have studied at least one year of Ottoman Turkish, with knowledge of Arabic and/or Persian preferred.
The program will run from July 6th to August 13th.
Please review the requirements section and make sure that you are eligible to apply. Then, send all the documents below to Merve Demirbas at email@example.com before the April 15 deadline.
1. Application form
2. Current CV
3. One recommendation letter (Especially commenting on the Turkish and Ottoman language skills of the candidate, preferably from a language instructor)
4. Statement of purpose (This is only necessary for those of you who want to qualify for a scholarship. Tell us why we should give the scholarship to you).
5. Copy of your passport
After the deadline, the program professors come together and evaluate all candidates. We send out an email to all candidates by the first week of May and announce the results.
We expect all candidates to accept or reject our offer within a week.
For those who are accepted in the program are expected to do the following steps:
1. Fill out the Special Student Form (This is only required for those who want to receive credit for the program).
2. Transfer the tuition fee to one of the accounts here with the explanation « Ottoman Summer Program »
3. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm that you have made the payment.
Tuition for Summer 2015 will be 2,650 EUR / 3,000 USD.
Please note that airfare and visa expenses are each participants’ own responsibility.
The tuition includes:
Accommodation at RCAC
Accommodation at Koç Main Campus between August 2nd – 7th
All course material
Dinner four days a week
All expenses of field trips
Full access to the RCAC Library
For more information, click here