Appel à communications : “Remnants of the Nation”, Comparative Literary and Cultural Studies Symposium, Izmir (Turquie), 30-31/10/2014 — LIMITE : 30/06/2014
- Nation, nationalism, trans-/post-nationalism, post-coloniality
- Memory, mourning, nostalgia
- Minority and migrant fictions
- Diasporic memoirs, auto/biographies, life writing
- Empire, state violence, and collective trauma
- The gendering of home and homeland
- Alternative paradigms: regionalisms, globalism, atlanticisms, hybridity
- Depictions: remains of the nation in visual culture
- Exchanges (population, cultural, linguistic), translations, and transpositions
- Architecture, (urban) space, and national identity
- Immigration/ethnicity and gentrification/displacement in postmetropolis
- Media: discourse and nationality
The seminar and subsequent workshop on cultural pluralism and academic literary studies in Turkey will take place on 30-31 October 2014 on Yaşar University’s central campus in Bornova, Izmir. Confirmed keynotes include Prof. Meyda Yeğenoğlu (Cultural Studies and Sociology, Istanbul Bilgi University), Prof. Kader Konuk (Turkish Studies, University of Duisburg-Essen), and Emeritus Prof. Ayşe Lahur Kırtunç (Ege University, Faculty of Letters).
Please send proposals of 250 words, with a 100-word biography in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30th 2014.
The language of the symposium will be English.
For the complete version of the seminar description, visit our website at http://clcs.yasar.edu.tr