Appel à communications : « Religion, tradition and inter-faith relations in the Muslim world », 32nd Annual Conference of the American Council for the Study of Islamic Societies, Université de Villanova, Philadelphie (Etats-Unis), 17-18/04/2015 — LIMITE : 15/01/2015
CALL FOR PAPERS
« Religion, tradition and inter-faith relations in the Muslim world »
The 32nd Annual Conference of the American Council for the Study of Islamic Societies
VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY, Villanova, PA
April 17-18, 2015
Suggestions for proposals include all of the following:
- The role of religion in the foundation of states (Israel, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia).
- The role of religion in legitimating governance in Muslim majority countries.
- The relationship between religious and national identities in specific Muslim communities (majority and minority).
- Notions of citizenship in Islam.
- Political, economic and social relations within and between the Muslim world and other communities.
- Political, economic, social and philosophical movements within the Muslim world.
- The impact of globalization on the Muslim world.
- The interplay of the religion of Islam with commerce, finance, technology and education.
- Religious minorities in the Muslim world and Muslims as minority groups.
- The press, social networks and communication within the Muslim world.
- Other topics not specifically mentioned. Please note that Muslim world includes any place where Muslims reside.
Scholars from all disciplines of the humanities and social sciences are encouraged to submit proposals. Please include full name, title, and institutional affiliation with your proposal.
Please email your proposal (max. 250 words) to Vivienne Angeles at email@example.com (Associate Professor of Religion, LaSalle University, Philadelphia, PA)
- Deadline for submission of proposal: January 15, 2015.
- Notification of acceptance of papers: February 10, 2015.
- Participants must submit e-copies of their paper to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2015. Nadia Barsoum (Treasurer, ACSIS, Villanova University)
- Participants must register for the conference at www.acsis.us by March 15, 2015.