Sultan Bin Rashid Al Dhaheri Chair in Islamic Finance Zayed University — LIMITE : URGENT
Zayed University announces an international search to fill the Sultan Bin Rashid Al Dhaheri Chair in Islamic Finance, beginning in Fall 2014. We seek a scholar of international reputation who is prepared to lead our research and curricular efforts in Islamic finance. The successful candidate will work with an existing team of faculty in finance, Islamic studies, and related to ensure that Zayed University is a leader in promoting the study of Islamic finance and the training of professionals in this growing field.
The occupant of the Sultan Bin Rashid Al Dhaheri Chair in Islamic Finance will:
• Produce high-quality scholarship that will be submitted to high-impact journals or prestigious publishers.
• Train the next generation of UAE professionals in Islamic Finance by teaching a combination of three or four courses per year in the undergraduate and graduate programs, as assigned by the Dean/Director.
• Attract external funding for the study of Islamic Finance. Such funding may be used to reduce the Chair’s teaching obligation in order to provide more time for research.
• Give a minimum of three public lectures per year on a topic related to the Chair’s field of expertise.
• Mentor faculty in with regard to research, publication, and curriculum development.
• Be the “public face” of Islamic Finance for Zayed University.
• Participate in the normal activities of the University, including service.
• Where appropriate, actively participate in outreach activities.
• Engage with industry and government officials at the national and emirate levels to ensure that Zayed University is fully informed of their needs and that Zayed University curricula are designed to meet those needs.
• Carry out other activities relevant to the field in which the Chair is appointed. These may include securing partnership agreements, developing linkages with public and private organizations in the UAE, and so on.
• Ph.D. or other accepted terminal degree in a relevant field.
• Specific training in, or understanding of, the principles and practices of Islamic Finance.
• Outstanding record of teaching, scholarship, and externally-funded research, consistent with appointment at the rank of Professor.
• Ability to carry out high-impact research in the UAE.
• Ability and willingness to mentor ZU faculty through workshops, seminars, research advice, and possibly joint projects.
The University’s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries free of tax in the U.A.E., housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.
In addition to completing the online application form, attach a cover letter, a current CV, and the names and contact details of three professional references.
While we appreciate all applications, you will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.