Lecturer in Arabic, John Hopkins University, Baltimore (Etats-Unis) — LIMITE : 20/05/2014
The Center for Language Education at Johns Hopkins University invites applications for a Lecturer in Arabic for the Academic Year 2014-2015.
This is a one-year temporary position, but the successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply for a full-time position that will start in fall, 2015. The position for the academic year 2015-2016 is renewable based on performance.
Responsibilities of the successful candidate include teaching a maximum of three levels of all four levels of Arabic (1st year to 4th year Arabic for a total of 12 contact hours per week).
Minimum qualifications are:
1. M.A. in Arabic Studies (with specialization in linguistics, applied linguistics or a closely related field)
2. Native or near-native fluency in Arabic and English
3. At least 3 years of experience in teaching Arabic as a foreign language at the university level.
4. Strong grounding in communicative and proficiency-oriented teaching
5. Strong computer literacy (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
Interested candidates should submit their application and all supporting materials via Interfolio: http://apply.interfolio.com/24808 by May 20th, 2014, and include:
1. Letter of application (cover letter) including statement of teaching philosophy
2. Curriculum vitae 3. Names and email addresses of three references
4. A video demonstration of your teaching including an introduction of yourself in English and Arabic at the beginning of the video. (We do not accept DVDs by surface mail. A YouTube link address with password is acceptable.)
Should you have any questions, please e-mail Dr. Yuki Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Johns Hopkins University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.