ASMEA Travel Grant 2014 — LIMITE : 01/04/2014
The Association for the Study of the Middle East and Africa (ASMEA) is pleased to offer travel stipends of up to $500 to qualified professors and students who wish to participate in the Seventh Annual ASMEA Conference. Titled “Searching for Balance in the Middle East and Africa,” the conference will be held on October 30-November 1, 2014 in Washington, D.C.
Rules of Eligibility and How to Apply:
- Applicants must be engaged in the ongoing study of the Middle East or Africa and enrolled in a Ph.D. program (with M.A. complete), or serve in a post-Doc capacity and seeking an academic career, or serve as a visiting/adjunct/assistant professor teaching two or more courses per semester.
- Applicants must complete an application form and provide a brief letter of reference from the applicant’s department chairman. Proof of enrollment and expected graduation date also are required for students.
- A paper proposal consisting of new, unpublished research is required.
- Applicants must be ASMEA members in good standing.
- The travel grant does not cover the cost of annual membership but may be used for hotel, conference registration, transportation, and related costs.
- Applications will be accepted only via the ASMEA website.
- Applicants may apply individually or as part of a proposal for a unified panel.
- Grants are made based on merit and distance from Washington, D.C. Applications from outside the United States are welcome.
- The deadline for submissions is April 1, 2014. Submissions received after that date will not be considered. Awards will be made on a rolling basis.
Submit a paper proposal before applying for the travel grant.