ASMEA Research grant — LIMITE : 15/03/2014
The Association for the Study of the Middle East and Africa is pleased to offer research grants of up to $2500 to qualified professors and students engaged in the study of the Middle East and Africa.
To stimulate new and diverse lines of discourse about the Middle East and Africa, ASMEA’s Research Grants program seeks to support research on topics that deserve greater attention. The topic areas and sub-topics listed below are intended as a guide for participants in the program and constitute the types of subjects that ASMEA intends to support in this program. Applicants may submit paper proposals on any topic as long as it is relevant to the six broad areas outlined, and constitutes new and original research.
• Applicants must be engaged in ongoing study of the Middle East or Africa and be enrolled in a Ph.D. program (with M.A. complete), or; serve in a post-doc capacity and seeking an academic career, or; serve as a visiting/assistant/associate/full professor teaching two or more courses per semester at an accredited institution. Applicants may be affiliated with any academic discipline.
• Applications must be accompanied by a paper proposal that represents new and un-published research and is relevant to the qualifying research areas designated by ASMEA.
• Applicants must submit a brief letter of reference from their department chair. Students also must submit proof of enrollment and expected graduation date.
• Applications will be accepted only from ASMEA members. To join ASMEA and learn more about membership with ASMEA, click here.
• Applications will be accepted only via the ASMEA website.
• Successful applicants will be required to present their research at the Seventh Annual ASMEA Conference on October 30-November 1, 2014 and provide ASMEA the right of first refusal for potential publication in the peer-reviewed Journal of the Middle East and Africa.
• The application deadline is March 15, 2014.
• Applicants may use grants to cover any costs associated with conducting research for the specified proposal.
Submit your paper proposal before applying for the research grant.
Télécharger l’affiche : ASMEA_research grant
Citer ce billet
Camille Rhoné (2014, 10 février). ASMEA Research grant — LIMITE : 15/03/2014. IISMM. Consulté le 21 février 2024, à l’adresse https://doi.org/10.58079/pxqd